Master

The Master

The Fabric Of Dreams is a costume design master for cinema, TV and entertainment alongside three Masters of Italian Costume Design: Gabriella Pescucci, Carlo Poggioli and Alessandro Lai. The goal is to live a unique experience by delving into the history of costume through cinema, interpreting historical costume as a support to work on contemporary costume.

 

The hours of theory (30% of the total hours) are supplemented by a practical workshop in tailoring (70% of the total hours) for the creation of a core of clothes inspired by the court of Cosimo I and Eleonora da Toledo, icons of the great tradition of ‘500 Florentine. The clothes will form an exhibition module in a travelling exhibition to the greatest places of culture in Europe and the world, such as the Textile Museum of Prato and the Medici Villas UNESCO heritage. There will also be guided tours (10% of the total hours) at museums, institutions and local companies to learn more about the Prato textile district and the immense artistic heritage it holds.

 

500 hours, 64 days, a few weekends, to breathe the turbulent air of tailoring and learn to look, draw, cut, sew, organise, do the great work of the costume designer.

Teoria

Teachers

Gabriella Pescucci, Carlo Poggioli, and Alessandro Lai lead the master; three talents of Italian and international cinema, with different styles and approaches but the expression of a single great Italian tradition in costume. Together they have created this experience dedicated to young professionals who want to deepen their knowledge of both the theory and the practical in tailoring under their guidance.

 

To assist them, reputed sector professionals from international productions such as Luca Costigliolo (historical cut – pending confirmation) and Anna Lombardi (organisation), of expert historians such as Roberta Orsi Landini (history of costume) and Aurora Fiorentini (history of cinema) and artists such as Rodolfo Bargelli (freehand drawing) and Alessandra Carta (digital drawing) and others.

Recipients

The experience is open to no more than 32 Italian and foreign participants with significant previous experience in the field of tailoring and costume design. Italian and foreign citizens who meet at least one of the following criteria can apply.

 

  • Work experience in manufacturing/clothing/costumes;
  • Studies in the fields of art, fashion, costume, textiles and the like (masters, specializations, degree, diploma, professional qualification)

 

The master will start with a minimum of 21 participants.

Sign up as soon as possible, the selection continues until there are no seats available!

Laboratorio-sartoria

Start and Duration

500 hours conducted over 13 weeks for a total of 64 days. 70% of the hours are dedicated to practical work in tailoring with the three top designers, the remaining 30% is divided between theory lessons with leading professionals in the sector and visits to museums, institutions and local companies to learn more about the Prato textile district. All activities are held at the headquarters of Manifatture Digitali Cinema, in Prato (IT), in via Dolce de ‘Mazzamuti 1.

 

The master will take place from February 24 to May 22, 2020, from Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day, and some Saturdays.

Language

The master is held in Italian and in English. Depending on the prevalence of the participants, a linguistic support service will be organised.

Certificate

At the end, participants with at least 70% participation in the master hours will receive a certificate of attendance.

Costs

For this edition, Fondazione Sistema Toscana supports the master with a 50% contribution, reducing the registration fee compared to the actual cost.

 

 

For European candidates, the registration fee is € 4,900.00 (including VAT). The registration fee for non-EU candidates is 7,500.00 euros.

 

  • Early Booking: Those who complete registration before December 31, 2019, will receive €500 discount.
  • For those who have already took part at one of Manifatture Digitali Cinema’s courses, the tuition fee is reduced to 3,900 euro (Italian VAT included).

 

The registration fee can be paid by bank transfer, half upon confirmation of selection and the remainder at the beginning of the master. Participation in the master is guaranteed only upon receipt of the first transfer.

 

Any expenses for food, lodging and transport are the responsibility of the participants. At THIS link you can find a list of accommodation and residences in Prato selected by the organisation.
Grazie!!

For information about applications, general organization, master contents and logistics:

info@manifatturedigitalicinema.it

SMS o WhatsApp +39 3666535291

 

 

For information about vouchers, payments and administration:

alta.formazione@pin.unifi.it

phone +39 0574602537